Saturday, March 17, 2007

CRIMINAL MINDS: WOW! AM I STUPID.


When I first hit the internet trying to find things for this Criminal Minds blog I stumbled across a LJ of one of Kirsten's friends. His name is Eric and he had beautiful pictures of Kirsten as a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding which he graciously allowed me to use on the blog. This was many months ago but I remember looking at not only Kirsten's pictures but the pictures of everyone in the wedding. I remember thinking how beautiful and happy the bride looked and how original her dress was. Fast forward to my first day on the set when I met Gina Garcia Sharp and something in my head said you know this woman. Gina mentioned she was in a few scenes in the next day's shooting since she has the revolving part of Agent Sharp so I dismissed the voice in my head and assumed that this was why her face was so familar. Later that day I listened to Kirsten tell me how instrumental Gina was to Kirsten being Garcia on Criminal Minds. Fast forward some more to my returning home and Gina posting a comment on the blog and my deciding to research her for a possible blog post on minor role characters on Criminal Minds. I quickly found pictures of Gina and guess who the beautiful bride from all those months ago was? Talk about feeling stupid. I won the prize on this one. For more information on Gina Garcia Sharp please see her IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0752561/

And Gina: You were a beautiful bride. :)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
i know you're a repository of all things CM, but you don't have to know EVRYONE associated with the show and the cast! LOL.

Anonymous said...

I bet it hit you like a ton of bricks when you figured it out. When you stop and think about it it is really funny. You researched Kirsten and found Gina and you researched Shemar and found Kris.

Anonymous said...

I am still so shocked at how nice they were to help you help Kris. Finding out she gave us Kirsten makes her aces in my book.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you introduced Gina to Kris which is just another step. I would love to see the wedding dress. Could you post a picture of it? I am getting married next year when we graduate.
I will go and have a glance at her IMDB.

Anna

Anonymous said...

She is so much prettier in this picture than in the one you posted of her on the set. Now when I watch the episodes I will have to look for Agent Sharp. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Can you pull some of the caps of the episodes she has been in so we can see her as Agent Sharp.

Sorry for the double post.

Anonymous said...

How funny. I do things like that all the time. I will think to myself, "where do I know that person from" and then when I figure it out I feel so silly.

This is a very nice picture of her. She is very pretty. I will go check her bio.

Anonymous said...

Kirsten seems so genuinely sweet and accessible so I would expect someone like her to be friends with people of the highest quality. Obviously Gina is one of them and now I too will be looking for Agent Sharp in every episode.

Anonymous said...

Too funny. You crack me up how you beat yourself up for not remembering every detail of everything you ever read. I too would love to see the wedding dress. Any chance of that?

Anonymous said...

So if I understand correctly we should be looking for Gina in Honor Among Theives?

Elizabeth Bear said...

The webwork of acquaintanceships is pretty complicated, isn't it?

I'm terrible with faces--I probably would *never* have figured it out!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing with Jan. You are kicking yourself for not remembering a picture that you probably looked at for less than a minute. You are a treasure. I love you and this blog to Pluto and back.

Anonymous said...

We need to ask Stacy to do caps of her appearance in the episode coming up. That would be cool. And Kris's too, please.

Kris said...

I have to say, Gina struck me as very pretty when I met her. I wonder if she might try pursuing acting more firmly in the future. She certainly has that charisma that people like to see. I wish all the best to her in whatever she does with her life. She and Scott have already helped me achieve an important milestone in acting.

Here's hoping to meet you again Gina!!!

Anonymous said...

I will keep my eyes peeled for them both. How fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so bad at remembering faces. I am forgetful that way so I have to laugh at you just a little bit. I am the same way. I will look for Gina.

Anonymous said...

I will put Gina on my watch list too.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. How great! :)

Anonymous said...

She does it all. She helps our Kris, has given us our wonderful Garcia and also plays a part on the show. What does she do in her spare time? Does she even have any spare time. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

There are so many things to watch on this show so adding Gina to the list is cool with me. Lets do a "where's waldo" and note when we find Gina.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing us Gina! What a sweetheart for all she did to help. Will look for her as Agent Sharp.

Anonymous said...

Great job Gina and Scott for casting Kate Jackson. Now can you please get us Hugh Jackson?

Anonymous said...

Gina's episode is next?

Anonymous said...

Just a few more days until Gina and Kris' episode. So exctied.

Anonymous said...

it's OK. we all have these kinds of moments. it's cool to put a name to the bride, though.

jacqui