Saturday, March 10, 2007

CRIMINAL MINDS: PAGET BREWSTER SAVES THE DAY.


The above picture of Mandy Patinkin as Jason Gideon and Thomas Gibson as Aaron Hotchner on Criminal Minds episode "Ashes and Dust" is copyrighted by Cliff Lipson/CBS and reproduced on this blog with their expressed permission.
Criminal Minds Day One: When I found out that Mandy Patinkin had left for the day I was beyond upset. Paget Brewster was enjoying one of her very few breaks of the day by sitting outside her trailer talking on her cellphone and reading. When she saw that there seemed to be a problem she hung up her phone and asked what the problem was. "A" explained to her that I had really wanted some time with Mandy and he had already left for the day. I explained that he was one of the major reasons I had even made the trip and that I had scripts and photos for him to sign. I also started welling up in tears. By this time I am not sure who was more upset...me or Paget. She just kept saying how upset Mandy was going to be when he found out this happened and how bad she felt. She offered to take everything I had with me and to personally have him sign it all and have it immmediately sent to me. I told her how much I appreciated that but that there were some things I had waited years to say to him. I told her that I wanted him to know how much, as a Jewish mother, I appreciated all his acts of tzedukah and how he was a role model within the Jewish community for his untiring efforts to support Israel, and how much I have always admired his work. After another round of "Mandy is going to be so upset about this" she came up with the most perfect solution of all. She asked what time my flight was the next day and then pulled out her call schedule and it was worked out that I would return to the set the next day to spend another five hours on the set. She also said she would make it her personal business to make sure he knew what the situation was and that one way or another I was going to get my time with Mandy. "A" agreed to this plan which was a major inconvience to her schedule since she had not planned on being on the set another day with me. She never said it but I knew that she was going to have to shuffle her whole next day around. She agreed with the same style and grace that I had come to rely on since our very first email months earlier. In blunt terms: "A" and Paget Brewster are classy women and I can never thank them enough for everything. Next: My first day is still not over and I get to spend some time with one of the guest stars of "Ashes and Dust" and the wonderful writer, Andrew Wilder. :)

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. You are right and Paget is a class act. Way to save the day Paget. Hero status babe!

Anonymous said...

Way to get it done Paget!

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is so sweet! She's a hero!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so nice. And I hope you got your meeting with Mandy the next day.

CU sindee

Anonymous said...

That was really nice of her and "A" to work that out. It's refreshing to hear a story about a celebrity doing something that unselfish.

Kris said...

Jill!! I had NO IDEA that "A" did that for you. I mean, I met "A" and she was so absolutely nice and wonderful, but I had no clue that she rearranged her entire day for you! That's so awesome. I would have thanked her a million times for you that day for doing that.

lisaw918 said...

Wow, talk about a couple of angels in human clothing. It's not just nice, it's seriously above and beyond. I can't imagine how close to impossible it is for them to rearrange things like that.

I am really impressed.

Elizabeth Bear said...

Now, that's just the coolest thing ever. Good for her! (And lucky for you!)

Anonymous said...

Paget Brewster is so sweet ...

Anonymous said...

That is so really nice of her to do for you. I really did not know anything about her before she joined Criminal Minds but now I know she is a nice person and that is great.

Anonymous said...

Aww that's so sweet!
I think I just got more reason to like Prentiss :)
Can't wait to hear about your third day with Mandy!

Anonymous said...

Angels in disguise! "A" and Paget are awesome, just so thoughtful and selfless to to that for you Jill! I'm so glad they made it possible for you to meet Mandy the next day!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a nice thing for her to do for you and for her to even care about one fan must mean she cares about us all and that is nicest of all.

Anonymous said...

How nice of them both. I am so glad. I think it would have ruined your trip to not have time with Mandy.

slashgirl said...

Wow, Paget and A are truly class acts. I'm so glad you were able to get a second day on the set to meet Mandy.

Can't wait to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

way to be a hero paget. thank you.

Anonymous said...

It was really sweet for A and Paget to do that. I't just so good to learn that not everyone in Hollywood is out only for themselves. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that she helped you and I really appreciate what she did for you.

Anonymous said...

"A" really must stand for "angel." And it's so nice that Paget took time out of her busy day to find a way to work out a real meeting with Mandy.

Jill, you've done so much work to make this blog and the Yahoo Conversations group such quality places for CM fans to meet, talk, and find out information about our favorite show, the stars and other professionals. You deserve to meet and talk to your favorite guy! I hope it turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Paget=Hero!

Anonymous said...

Paget seems like a sweet person!!

Anonymous said...

That was really nice of her.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Paget and A for taking care of Jill.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad they were able to come up with a solution. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand it!!!! What happened!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Paget. Way to be part of the solution and thanks for being so helpful to our good friend.

Melanie said...

She is so sweet! I actually "awww"'d when reading that.

Anonymous said...

I know you must have been striken but you got another day out of it and for that I say Yeah and Thank You Paget for taking care of our friend.

Anonymous said...

Way to come to the rescue Paget. They are right when they say you were the hero of the day! Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Seeing these caps of the new episode is making me so excited to see it.

Anonymous said...

Aw wow Jill, that was so nice of them! Paget is such a love! Kudos to her!

Anonymous said...

Just have to second everyone in saying how selfless both Paget and "A" were in getting you the opportunity to share that time with Mandy. Just amazing how kind the entire set of CM really is.

Anonymous said...

Bravo Paget!

Elizabeth said...

That is really sweet and I am so glad you got to spend more time there thanks to these two.

look forward to more stories.

Anonymous said...

Jill I'm glad it got worked out. I've always been on Team Paget so this somehow does not surprise me. :)

Lee

Dawn said...

Paget you are Awesome. I'm glad
that you were around when Jill
needed you. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with them. I am so glad it worked out. You would have always been sad about not meeting him if you had to go home without it.

Anonymous said...

Yes definately Bravo Paget! Well done!

Anonymous said...

How nice of both of them! It does my heart good to see others reach out and help someone in distress--we all need to do that from time to time.

Anonymous said...

I have liked Paget since she came in from Day One...!!!! Classy lady? I sensed that also from Day One. Hope she gets more exposure in the series.

Anonymous said...

Paget is so sweet! I'm glad she helped you out, Jill...for meeting with Mandy. She sounds like a great lady. Sounds like everything worked out as it should have. :)

Anonymous said...

I can tell Paget is an amazing person just from reading this. I know her and I would definitely get along.

jacqui