Sunday, March 11, 2007

CRIMINAL MINDS: WHY IS SHEMAR STILL IN THE STUDIO?


Hours earlier in Craft Services Shemar Moore, Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds, told us that he only had one more scene to shoot and then he was going to his new house to start unpacking boxes. He told us all about a wonderful husband and wife painting team that were finishing up painting the house and that he was looking forward to going home to start decorating his walls. That was four or five hours earlier and he was still shooting. I asked Andrew Wilder, the writer of "Ashes and Dust" why Shemar was still there and he explained that when shooting is running behind and one of the actors has to leave for a prior commitment then the other actors have to fill in. Matthew and A.J. had already left the studio earlier in the day so Shemar was worked into the scenes since Mandy had to leave. He explained that this type of thing is not uncommon because all the members of the cast have outside commitments now and again. When we see the scenes they shot that afternoon we will not even notice that some of our cast wasn't there for this particular shooting thanks to the wonderful post production editing talent the show employs. This all relates back to what I said in an earlier post about things changing all the time with a script or why some spoilers never hit the screen. What I knew at that time was that I was getting tired, "A" looked like she was getting tired and the shooting was still at a rapid pace. :)

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the cast and crew work super hard...all the time!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Shemar. The best laid plans of mice and men...or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for staying Shemar!

I see Shemar has a fake bullet hole in his chair. Is there a story behind that? Do we make one up?

Anonymous said...

Sherlock: Lets make our own story before we find out the answer. I like the way you think because I was wondering about it as well.

Anonymous said...

Way to step up to the plate and work hard Shemar.

Anonymous said...

I bet he was wishing one of the actors were there instead of him because moving is really difficult.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of MGG in the above post but there was no way to post a comment. I hope this is okay to post that here.

Anonymous said...

Monica, do you suppose it marks the spot of a wayward Reid bullet?

Anonymous said...

I can hear the cast standing in a circle and going, "One-two-three NOT IT!" like my kids do to decide who has to stay. Heh!

Anonymous said...

Lol, sherlockette you funny.
Anywho, I didn't quite know what that spot was. But I'm just glad Jill that you finally posted a picture of Shemar Moore Chair onto the blog..hehehe
It looks nice hate its next to Paget though, ok sorry thats just the jealousy coming out of me..lol

Hey Monica and Sherlockette maybe he has a bullet on the side of his name because of his job and he's excited about playing the role of a FBI agent and it makes his chair seem more masculine like a "bad boy" look to him.

Elizabeth said...

It is fascinating to find out about how TV is made. Love these insights.

nebula

Anonymous said...

I bet they are really used to the long hours so he prob just rolled with it. He is a stand up person.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy hearing about this kind of stuff. It is amazing what editing can do. For example(totally random I know)did you know that on Saved By the Bell..the class room they always sat in only had like 6 desks, but they shot scenes to make it look like a full class room. How interesting. :)

Lee

Anonymous said...

The behind the scenes stuff is interesting and he pic of MGG uptop is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I bet his new home is just awesome. I bet it is wonderful. He is such a great man.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fascinating look inside of what it takes to make an episode. This has been really great.

Anonymous said...

Shemar has been in the business so long he is used to it I am sure.

Anonymous said...

You are getting me so excited about the Ashes epi!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shemar is used to working hard. There's been times in his career when he was working two or three gigs at a time. Do your thang Shemar.....make that money boy!

Anonymous said...

He was at the music event this weekend looking fine. He must have the energy level of three people. I have always liked his acting and I know he says that is what he wants people to appreciate but darn it he is also so good looking.

Anonymous said...

He jinxed himself by saying he was going to get to go home early. Poor Shemar but he is a trooper.

Anonymous said...

He is one hard working man.

Anonymous said...

You read in interviews them saying they work long days and I guess you got to see real proof of that. Poor Shemar.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was tag you are it for Shemar since the others had gone. He is a pro like the ladies before me said so I bet he sucked it up.

Anonymous said...

Ah, thank god for technology!
=]

Anonymous said...

:)

I love this pic as well as many others.

I think you should ask CBS if you can sell it and a few other pics then donate the money (on behalf of your site) to the MS fund where the castmates completed the Charity Bike ride.

PS. Tell Shemar that I need a "hug".

:)

Anonymous said...

poor Shemar. he must've been exhausted by the end of this day.

jacqui