Wednesday, June 23, 2010

CRIMINAL MINDS: PAGET BREWSTER BY MICHAELA


CRIMINAL MINDS: PAGET BREWSTER
BY: Michaela

When I first heard that there was going to be a new character in season two of Criminal Minds, I was worried. Would this ruin the show? Would this shift the dynamic of the group? Would this stop me from wanting to watch the show?

Then Paget appeared.

And I am happy to say that none of the above happened. In fact, if anything happened when Paget joined the Criminal Minds team, it was that the show finally hit its stride and became the show that we know and love. Paget not only gelled the characters of the show together, she brought the best of the other actors too.

I have been sitting here for some time, trying to put into words what Paget means to me and to Criminal Minds as a whole, but the thing is, there are no words that can completely sum her up. She is an intelligent, charismatic, witty, beautiful woman and just seeing her on screen never fails to make me smile. And although I have never had the honour of meeting Paget, she seems to me like the kind of person that you would want to be around. Like the kind of person that would go out of their way just to say hello. Just from comments she has wrote for the blog, or on Twitter, it’s clear that she is the kind of person that can make you smile through even the darkest of times, and I know for me, she has.

And as an actress…well, I don’t even know where to start. If Paget was after fame and glory there is no doubt that she could be one of the most famous actresses in Hollywood. You only have to look at the range of different parts she has played to know that. Yet, much like AJ Cook, Paget is acting for the love of acting, and that is one of the reasons why we love her. She has kept her integrity and stayed loyal to a show, and her fans.

Then there is Paget’s portrayal of Emily Prentiss on Criminal Minds. I can’t even begin to tell you the type of confidence boost it gives me to see such a strong woman doing the job that is my goal. She plays the role of Emily Prentiss with such poise and grace, and while she may be the tough chick on the show, you just have to watch Bloodline or Solitary Man to see that she has an empathy with the victims that one of the male team members just couldn’t have.

Criminal Minds without Paget – or AJ in every episode, will not be Criminal Minds. They are both integral roles to the success of the show. They bring some light to the dark, and fans look forward to the interaction between all three of the female leads. I hope, that we will have many more of those moments to look forward too, from the ladies that we love.