Friday, June 11, 2010

CRIMINAL MINDS FAN TIM CURRY


Criminal Minds: If you consider yourself part of a cult film’s fanbase, there’s a distinct chance you believe Tim Curry is a god among men, or at least a sweet transvestite among plainclothes comic icons. On the red carpet before the taping of the AFI Life Achievement Awards Honoring Mike Nichols, Movileline spoke with the Rocky Horror Picture Show/Clue legend about how he won his newest role as a horrifying psychopath on CBS’s Criminal Minds. It’s a slap in the face to those who claim you can’t get ahead by harassing actresses at the gym.

Curry, who says he’ll be back on the show at the start of next season, claims he got the part of disgusting killer Billy Flynn through an advantageous gym run-in.

“I’m an insane fan of Criminal Minds,” he said. “Marcia [Hurwitz, Curry’s agent] has a great friend called Jay, who used to write on it. Whenever I saw him at dinner, I’d say, ‘Can you get me on that show? It’s my favorite show, I really want to be on that show.’ Kirsten Vangsness, who plays the computer whiz, started working out at my gym. I would lurk by the treadmill and say, ‘Get me on the show.’ And finally they put me on it.” more here: http://www.movieline.com/2010/06/movieline-checks-in-with-criminal-mindss-new-sociopath-tim-curry.php