Friday, July 20, 2007
CRIMINAL MINDS: LIMERICK CONTEST ENTRIES
Criminal Minds Fanatic Limerick Contest:
We thought a limerick contest might be a great way for our very creative members to spend part of the “encore episode” season. We also want to get some giggles from the Criminal Minds cast and crew who regularly view the blog and website.
A limerick, for the uninitiated, is a five line poem that follows a very specific pattern. The first, second and fifth lines must rhyme and the third and fourth must rhyme. You have probably heard something like this one:
There was a young man in New York
Who ate all his meals with a fork
But he was given chopsticks
And his table for six
Got covered in noodles and pork!
To see more examples just search the internet for limericks and you can see how the limerick is designed. We do want your original creations, though.
Our topic: Criminal Minds characters and episodes from Season 1 and Season 2
The contest begins immediately after this notice is posted to the blog and ends on Saturday July 28th at 12 PM (High Noon) Eastern Daylight Time.
To officially register your entry:
Go to the message board on the website and send a PM (personal message) to “sherlockette” that includes your entry. These will be saved to match you to your creation after the judging!!!
Look for the Post “LOL Criminal Minds Fanatic Limerick Contest-Entries”.
Post your entry. You must post as “ANONYMOUS” on the blog.
1. Only Criminal Minds Fanatic Website members can participate.
2. Limericks must be original works by the member contestant.
3. Subject matter must be PG in nature!!!!!! That means we want funny but no obscene language-we will delete you!
4. No limericks about the actors will be allowed, so don’t go “off script”.
5. Fanfic and shipping between characters are off limits.
6. Multiple entries are allowed but you must register and post each one as a separate entry.
7. Entries will be judged based on content, creativity and adherence to the limerick style and to the topic of characters and episodes.
8. The judging will be done by a "person or persons of interest"
The Criminal Minds Fanatic web site
Wants to keep you composing all night
But it’s the judges’ decision
Who’s the poet with vision
He who profiles CM episodes right
Oh yes-the prize. It is a Set of the Criminal Minds Season 1 DVDs!!!!!!!
(thank you to Sherlockette for designing and running this contest)