Friday, July 18, 2008

CRIMINAL MINDS: WIL WHEATON FEELS THE CM LOVE:


Criminal Minds: I love it when guest stars blog about their experiences working on Criminal Minds. I especially like it when they appreciate the incredible job the Criminal Minds writers, cast and crew do to give us a quality show. Wil is a fellow blogger. Here are some excerpts from his blog and the web address so you can read more:

Here is what he had to say about our "Gruesome Twosome" (you have to appreciate anyone who appreciates our Deb and Erica)

"The script's been rewritten a few times since I first read it, and I've been able to read each draft in its entirety, which has been really interesting to me as a writer, as I track the changes and try to figure out what network and studio notes they were intended to address. It's got to be so difficult for these writers to take a certain scene or character in one direction, write really great dialog and stuff to get them there, and then be told that they have to throw it all away and take things in a different direction. And do that three times in five days. I honestly don't know how they do it."

Here is a portion of his latest entry. The man sounds like an utter sweetie. Great job by April Webster and Scott David in casting him. Ed, can we keep him?

We've been shooting nights this week on Criminal Minds, and I've worked every single day, which doesn't leave any time to write, or do much of anything else. I got home at 4 this morning, didn't fall asleep until 5, and then had to explain to my dogs that, no, just because I was in bed and the sun was coming up, I'm not interested in getting up to do stuff with them.

So I only got to sleep for seven disturbed hours, and I feel like I'm on the road to Bat Country right now. Luckily for me, I don't go to set until 5:30 tonight, and I don't have any dialog today.

Despite the havoc the last few days have unleashed on my body (which is very confused by the hours I'm forcing it to keep, and [spoiler]) I have loved every second of the experience.

I'm keeping a production diary, which I can't release until my episode airs in October, but I can safely say that working on this show, with this cast and crew, creating this character, has reawakened my slumbering love of acting. I'll have more to say about that when I can really analyze how I feel about it and why. (short short version: I miss the camaraderie of being in a cast, and I'd forgotten how good it feels to discover interesting moments with the director, writers, and other actors. I work best while collaborating, it seems.)

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2008/07/strange-as-it-s.html