Friday, February 01, 2008

CRIMINAL MINDS: OLD THOMAS GIBSON ARTICLE.


Criminal Minds: Thomas Gibson, Aaron Hotchner on Criminal Minds, article: Bioscope from Biography: Oct 2001 by Jill Daniel.
If you were stranded on a desert island, what one TV show would you want to bring with you?
There was this show I was very intrigued by as a kid. It's H.R. Pufinstuf, the Sid and Marty Kroff show. There should be entire graduate school courses about it. On the island, I would watch the show over the and finally deconstruct it.

What movie would (you) have to watch?
The Producers. If you are going to be on a desert island, you must be accompanied by Zero Mostal. He was the funniest man alive.

What book would you bring with you on the island?
A no-brainer. The Complete Woks of William Shakespeare. It would keep me occupied for years and years.

Who would be your companion?
I'd like to take my wife first. If I couldn't take my wife, I'd like to take my golf coach.

In that case, your choice of sporting equipment seems pretty obvious.
Oh, yeah--my gold clubs and lots of golf balls that float. It wouldn't matter if I hit them into the water! My bunker game would improve immeasurably!

What clothing would bring?
Nothing was more cool than James Bond getting out of his wet suit and stripping it off to reveal a tuxedo. So I was thinking I should have a James Bond tuxedo at the ready all times. Just in case I get invited to something formal on a nearby Island. If Thurston and Lovey [the
Howells, from the Gilligan's Island] call and they're having a cocktail party, I wouldn't want to be embarrassed by (my) clothes.

What personal care item would you want?
Shaving soap and a razor, because if I'm going to take a tuxedo to a desert island, I'm going to at least need to shave.

What one restaurant would you want to have on the island?
Another no-brainer: a Krispy Kreme donut shop. I grew up right down the road from one. I think my sister's first words were not "Ma-ma" or Da-ca but "Kris-pa".

What would you miss most about civilization?
All of the restaurants--except for the Krispy Kreme shop I'm opening up.

Thanks to Stacy for finding this old treasure.