Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shemar Moore rides the bike for MS

Here's a message from Shemar to all his supporters in this great cause... learn why this means so much to him and how YOU can help as well...

Hi All,

As you know, my mother’s been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis for about 14 years now, and it’s been tough. When her MS kicked in, I was seeing this superwoman, so to speak, kind of find her Kryptonite and deteriorate. It was shocking. It was humbling. It was scary.

In the beginning, it was just about figuring out what her symptoms were and figuring out what medicines were available. We were shooting in the dark. She was guessing and just taking the word of doctors. And ever since I got on Criminal Minds, the guys started this support group of Criminal Minds crew at Bike MS who wanted to support MS and to support me in my fight for Mom. It inspired my mother. It humbled her. It made her cry.

Often people, who are afflicted by various diseases, feel alone and misunderstood. They have no voice. We now have a better, more well-rounded knowledge of the disease, thanks to the MS Society and we’re much more specific about the type of meds that my mother has to take and how we can fight.

And when something hits you close to home, you know you’ll do whatever you can to help give that person you care about a better quality of life. I ride the bike for her. And today she’s coping with her MS, she’s walking and singing and dancing, living her life.

Any donations you can give will be much appreciated. We will not stop until we find a cure. Click on the link below to donate online or call 310.481.1107. The MS Society helps many people like my mother every day.

Thank you!

Click here to visit my personal page
.

Click here to view the team page for Criminal Minds