Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kirsten Vangsness is dancing as fast as she can

Criminal Minds: Great interview with Kirsten Vangsness:

AE: So what's happening for Penelope on Criminal Minds this season?
KV: We're on episode 3 and I'm working a lot, so I'm really grateful for that. I love the people I work with so it's so great to be able to be with them because a lot of times, in episodes past when I just work one day and I'm just in my office, I don't get to see them. And when I do, it's always like first day of school because they all have inside jokes from last week and I don't know what's going on, they're all trying to catch me up and it's weird. I love them and so I know that episode 8 is all about Penelope.

It's just fun. It's so great to have everybody back and it's a really good job. It's kind of weird because I know it now so well and I haven't done anything this long so it's Season 7 and so many episodes. I'm so grateful on this train, I will stay on this train as long as the train runs.

AE: Are you excited that AJ and Paget are back?
KV: I love them so much. I'm so excited! It all worked beautifully because Rachel [Nichols] is there, she was wonderful. Now she's on the cover of Maxim and Conan's coming out and I know she's in Detroit right now doing a movie, and she's rising like a Phoenix. I always said about those girls, and I meant it and it's true: They will rise like Phoenixes. In my dreamiest world, I never thought they would be back and now they're back and because of that break, all these changes happened with them and their characters are different so that's cool.