Saturday, March 19, 2011

CRIMINAL MINDS: DALLAS CLARK GUEST STARRING


Criminal Minds: Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark is staying occupied during the NFL lockout. Clark will be in California next week top make his acting debut, shooting a scene for an upcoming episode of the CBS television show "Criminal Minds."

"I met Rick Dunkle, one of the show’s writers, at a Jacksonville game last season," Clark told Sporting News on Tuesday. "He was telling me how he’s from Indiana and how he’s a big Colts fan. I was like, 'If there’s ever a shortage of actors out there in Hollywood, give me a call.' We kind of laughed about it. Now, I’m flying out to L.A. to shoot a scene.

Dallas Clark will play a detective in the CBS television show "Criminal Minds." (AP Photo)
"I’m playing a detective. I have two lines. That might be the beginning AND end of my acting career. Hopefully, I impress someone and get a call back. This is just a small glimpse for me to be in the actor’s shoes. If I stink, they can cut me out. If I’m good, maybe it will open up some doors."

Clark, who turns 32 in June, still is recovering from season-ending wrist surgery but expects to be ready by the start of training camp, assuming there is a training camp this year. Like most players, Clark is doing his best to stay patient during the NFL's labor turmoil.

"I’m staying optimistic and hoping the people who are in the meetings, making the decisions, will be able to get it done," Clark said. "It’s just March. We’ve got a long ways to go before the season starts. As players, we have to make sure we’re ready to go whenever the deal is done.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-03-15/colts-clark-goes-hollywood-during-lockout#ixzz1H6il473U